The Nuclear Pharmacist will compound and dispense radiopharmaceuticals and serve as the pharmacist-in-charge as necessary.
- Timely and accurate procurement of radiopharmaceuticals and other drugs, supplies and materials.
- Compounding of radiopharmaceuticals.
- Quality assurance of radiopharmaceuticals and of instruments, equipment and devices.
- Dispense radiopharmaceuticals properly and accurately.
- Distribute radiopharmaceuticals properly and accurately.
- Responsible for the health and safety of him/herself, co-workers, patients and the public.
- Radiation safety – handling spills, contamination, ALARA, etc.
- Provide information and/or consultation associated with radiopharmaceuticals to physicians, healthcare workers, customers, etc. on an as needed basis.
- Promote quality customer service
- Supervise students and/or interns
- Maintains open communication with all departments of a team: cyclotron, production, QC, logistics, etc.
- Providing back-up service to others
- Creating and manipulate accurate spreadsheets
- Ability to handle stressful situations, emergencies, etc.
- Printing of scripts, DOT’s, etc.
- Ability to prepare reagents for synthesis, use balances, graduated cylinders, and volumnmetrics
- Monitor inventory of traditional products (as applicable) and hot pharmaceuticals
- Complete health physics and update end of day report
- Data entry/update Pinestar for end of day reports and daily dose management reports
- Establish a basic understanding of the all cyclotron functions including synthesis and QC
- Maintains supervision for facility/operations during assigned shift.
- Review environmental monitoring, OOS, DEV and facility issues to initiate corrective and preventive actions for continuous improvement (Look after the metrology programs of the site)
- Conduct and review equipment/personnel qualification and validations of processes
- Review documents associated with the site’s QA program for completeness, errors and omissions.
- Ensure compliance to all applicable SOPs and CFR 212 regulations
- Ensure product complaints are handled as per the company SOP and FDA requirements
- Supervise pharmacy operation while on-duty
- Overlook the QA and QMS programs at the site all essential
- Ensure proper trainings/qualification of personnel and as well as documentation
- Review and release batch records as part of site level QA
- All other duties as assigned
- B.S. or Pharm.D. from an accredited pharmacy school required.
- Nuclear Certification preferred.
- State license required (to be obtained).
- Background in Nuclear Pharmacy, Positron Emission Tomography, Radiation safety and/or familiarity with cyclotron processes preferred.
- Proficient in MS Office. Windows based pharmacy system.
- Ability to stand and/or remain seated for extended periods of time.
- Domestic travel up to 10%
- Ability to repetitively lift 60 lbs.
- Ability to problem-solve, handle customer service issues, exercise independent judgment and discretion.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interacting with Physicians, customers, vendors and personnel required.
- Ability to use hands to finger, handle, or feel in using office equipment, machines, instruments including the computer system for extended periods of time.
Location: Romeoville, IL
Job Code: 249
# of Openings: 1
To apply, send email cover letter with attached resume to: email@example.com